The Big Squeeze 2012:Surviving not thriving
LVSC's Big Squeeze survey is a snapshot of the current impact the economic and policy climate is having on the voluntary and community sector in London and the people that use their services.
Headline findings include:
- 90% of organisations continue to change the way they work in order to adapt to changes and better meet users needs.
- 60% of organisations report a reduction in their overall funding in 2012/13.
- 66% have seen an increase in demand for their services in the last year, particularly for advice services.
- 50% think they will not be able to meet this increase.
- 8% had no free reserves in 2011/12.
This report is vital to understanding the multitude of pressures facing voluntary and community organisations. It also has key implications (and makes recommendations) for funders; focusing on partnerships, supporting preventative work and perhaps most importantly considering the impact funding practices have in ensuring the needs of the most disadvantaged communities are met.